1. Why use Fatgraphics? [more]
- Excellence – We combine cutting edge technology with high quality design.
- A one stop shop – On top of building your website, we can do high quality photographs, videos, logos and copy too. No need to go anywhere else.
- It’s personal – We’re a small company that take a pride in giving our clients a great service. We’ll give you our undivided attention. Plus we’re still there to offer you support once the site is done if you need it.
- Experience – We’ve been doing this for over 20 years. We’ve survived the fads that have come and gone. We’ve kept up with technological advances. We’ll build you a great looking site that won’t look dated in 5 years. [hide]
2. Is Fatgraphics a small group? [more]
3. Do you just do websites? [more]
- Construction – design and build
- Content – from copy and images through to e-commerce
- Support – customer support and software updates
- Web Hosting – a place for your site to live
4. I’ve already got a website, so what can Fatgraphics do for me? [more]
We can breathe new life into your site, especially if it’s been up for a while. And ensure that it’s running as efficiently as it should.
- Service and MOT
The landscape of the web is constantly changing and functions that worked on your site 5 years ago, unbeknown to you, may now be troublesome or not work at all. An example of this is Adobe Flash. We offer a site audit to check things are running properly and look at getting fresh content and images on your pages.
- Keep up to date
If you’re struggling to find time to keep your site current with regular blogs, updates and news items. We can help with this. Send us your news, pics and items and we’ll write them up for you. This can be a one off or a regular maintenance service. Whatever works for you.
5. How quickly can you build a site? [more]
6. I have no idea where to start really [more]
7. Will I be able to edit my site when it is published? [more]
8. I already have a website I like, but I can’t edit it. [more]
9. Do you use WordPress? [more]
10. Can you sort out a domain name for me? [more]
11. Do I need web hosting. And what does that even mean? [more]
We don’t use shared hosting. We use a dedicated server for all our clients. The reason we do this is because it’s more reliable, more available and has guaranteed better resources. In other words your site will load quicker and function better.
12. I shall probably need some photos for the project [more]
13. What about Youtube and other social sites? [more]
14. How about SEO? [more]
In addition we look at getting other sites to link back to yours. These can be clients, friends, suppliers and whoever is up for it. Also social media pages links – it all counts to making your site be more connected and relevant. And that is one thing that Google always likes.
15. Can’t I just build myself a website with WordPress and save myself some money? [more]
How much time realistically are you willing or able to spend on this? For example, finding the right theme for your site or trawling through Google for a WordPress plug in (of which you’ll need several). Are you confident that your off the peg website will function and look as it should on Windows, Mac and all kinds of devices? Do you know how to check and fix this?
If you’d prefer to devote your time to running your core business, give me a call.